In the digital age, there are a lot of ways you can use to promote your business online. At the same time, it’s also an important task to make sure that your website ranks high in search engines. But with so many things going on, how do you know what strategy works best for your business? So we’ve curated this list of 10 proven strategies that will help increase traffic to your site and boost its ranking in search engines:
1. Regular content creation and optimization
If you want to boost your SEO in 2023, then regular content creation is key. This can be done by you or outsourced to a writer who will create the content for you (cough cough ~ Atomic Social). The next step is to optimize the content for search engines, which means ensuring that it’s relevant and helpful for users (as well as Google). Finally, make sure that this new piece of writing gets updated regularly so it stays fresh in people’s minds–and keeps appearing at the top of search results!
2. Focus on link building
Link building is one of the most important tasks you can do to boost your SEO in 2023. There are many ways to do this, but here are some general guidelines:
- Focus on quality links. Links from high-quality sites (such as Wikipedia or Harvard University) will help boost your site’s authority and give it an edge over other competing sites in search results.
- Build new relationships with influencers in your industry through social media posts or emails, so they’ll be more likely to link back to you when they write an article on the topic they know best–you!
- Measure how well each piece of content performs after being published online using analytics tools like Google Analytics or Moz Analytics (formerly known as SEOMoz). You can then use this information as part of a larger strategy for improving future content creation efforts by identifying what topics resonated most strongly with readership demographics.
3. Focus on social
Social media is a great way to build relationships with your audience.
Social media is also a great way to promote your content, but it’s important that you use social media analytics to measure the success of your efforts.
4. Focus on mobile-ready website design
The number of people using mobile devices to connect to the internet is growing every year. In fact, it’s estimated that by 2020, over 80% of all internet traffic will be from mobile devices. If your website isn’t optimized for mobile users, you’re missing out on a huge chunk of potential customers and revenue.
To ensure that your website can be accessed from any device–including smartphones, tablets and laptops–you’ll want to use a responsive design approach (also known as “mobile-friendly” or “adaptive”). The simplest way to implement this strategy is by creating one version of your site that automatically resizes itself depending on where it’s being viewed: desktop computer monitors versus phone screens versus tablet screens etc..
5. Update your site map and sitemap regularly
- You need to have a site map. It’s as simple as that. A site map, or sitemap, is an important component of your website that helps search engines better understand the content on your page and how it relates to one another. This allows them to rank you higher in SERPs (search engine results pages) and drive more traffic through their algorithms than they would otherwise be able to do if they didn’t know what was on each individual page of your site.
- How do you create one? If you’re using WordPress or Shopify for example, then these platforms already come with built-in tools for creating an XML sitemap automatically when someone updates their website with new content or makes changes within those CMS platforms themselves such as adding new pages or changing metadata like titles/descriptions etcetera.
- How often should I update my site map? The general rule of thumb here would be monthly at minimum but weekly would be better since people tend not to update every single day anyway so this allows some room for error while still allowing Googlebot enough time before crawling again next month (or sooner!).
6. Research & opt for the latest SEO trends
If you want to stay at the top of your game, it’s important that you keep up with current SEO trends. This can be difficult if you’re not an expert in this area and don’t have time on your hands, but luckily there are several tools available online which can help guide you through this process!
One such tool is SEMrush – a powerful suite of analytics software designed specifically for helping businesses optimize their websites for search engines (SEO). It provides information about what keywords people are using when searching online, as well as who ranks higher than them in SERPs (search engine results pages). In addition, SEMrush has an extensive database containing over 1 billion pages from across over 100 different countries around the world; this allows users to access anywhere in order to discover what exactly works best locally before implementing changes on their own site(s) based on those findings alone.
7. Update your blog regularly and optimize each post for specific keywords with relevant, quality content
Don’t let the word “blog” intimidate you. A blog is simply a collection of posts, or articles, that are published on your website. If you want to increase your SEO and overall visibility online, then it’s important to create new content regularly. One of the most effective ways to do this is by updating your blog with fresh and compelling material in the form of blog posts (or any kind of web content).
You should aim for at least one new piece per week–but if possible, try for two or three! We try to upload 30-50 blogs per month at Atomic Social! Regularly posting new material will help keep people coming back for more information about what’s happening in your industry/field/niche area; it also helps search engines like Google know that there are always fresh pages available for them when someone searches for keywords related to what you offer (more on this later).
In addition to creating regular updates on our own sites, many businesses opt instead for using third-party platforms such as Medium or LinkedIn where users can publish their own work independently without needing any special permissions from anyone else first.
8. Use a Google analytics tool to track your traffic and identify areas of improvement(s) in your website performance
If you’re not already using a Google analytics tool, now is the time to start. Google Analytics is a free tool that provides valuable insights into your website’s performance and can help you identify areas of improvement.
Google Analytics will allow you to track traffic sources, understand how visitors are interacting with content on your page(s) and see what pages perform well in terms of social shares or engagement rate.
9. Build an email list and engage with your audience via email campaigns
Email marketing is a great way to engage your audience and build trust. It’s also an important part of any SEO strategy because it will help you improve the quality of your backlinks, which are one of the most important ranking factors in Google’s algorithm.
In order to build an email list, you need to create an opt-in form on all pages of your website (except for landing pages). You can use tools like Leadpages or OptinMonster to do this quickly and easily without having any coding experience at all! Once people have subscribed, send them regular updates about new products/services or blog posts that they might find useful – but don’t spam them!
The best way I’ve found so far is through contests where readers get something valuable if they enter their email address into an online form before a certain date (for example: “enter now for free access code”).
10. Create engaging, visual content that people share through social media channels
Visual content is the most engaging type of content you can create and share on your website. People are more likely to click on images than they are on text-only articles or blog posts. If you want to get people’s attention online in 2023, then consider using more images in your articles and blog posts by doing things like:
- Using images instead of just text when writing an article or blog post (you can even use videos!)
- Using high-quality images that are relevant to the topic at hand
- Making sure all of your images have good captions so users know what each image represents
We hope that this list of tips and strategies has given you an idea of what to focus on in your own search engine optimization for 2023. The key takeaway is that there are many different things you can do, but it’s important to keep track of the latest trends in the industry so that your website stays relevant and up-to-date with what people want from their online experiences today.
Reach out to us here at Atomic Social if you would like some further assistance with your SEO!