There are many ways to get your roofing company noticed online, but the first step is to make sure that your business is optimized for online search engines. That’s where Google Ads comes in. By using this free tool, you can choose keywords and phrases relevant to your business and then bid on them in order to appear at the top of searches. Here are some tips on how to optimize your Google Ads campaign so that it results in more leads:
Create Local Content for Your Website
In addition to optimizing your Google Ads, you can also optimize your website for local search results. This means that when a person searches for “roofing services in [your city],” you show up as one of the top results.
To do this, you need to have:
- A local address on your website (like 123 Main St.)
- A local phone number on your website (like 555-555-5555)
- A map of where you’re located on the page
Optimize Your Keywords and Ad Copy for Mobile Devices
- Use mobile-friendly design. Your website should be optimized for mobile devices, so that it’s easy to navigate and view your services on a phone or tablet. You can do this by making sure the text is large enough and there is enough white space on each page.
- Use mobile-friendly keywords, ad copy and landing pages: When you’re creating new ads or updating existing ones, make sure they are optimized for mobile devices by using words that customers would use when searching on Google from their phones (e.g., “roofing” instead of “roofs”). Also remember not all cities have the same name across different platforms (e.g., Denver vs Denver Colorado), so keep this in mind when optimizing your campaigns!
Set Up a Mobile Display Ad Campaign on Google Ads
In order to set up a mobile display ad campaign on Google Ads, you’ll need to select the “Display Network only” option in your Display Settings. This will prevent you from showing your ads on the Search Network (i.e., when someone searches for “roofing repair”).
The next step is to choose an ad format: text or image. Text ads are typically more affordable than image ads but tend not to perform as well because they don’t include any visual elements that might catch a reader’s eye. Image ads give you more flexibility in terms of what images are shown and where they appear within the ad unit itself (you can even use video). However, these types of ads cost more money per click than text-based ones do–so depending on how competitive your market area is and how much traffic there is coming through search results versus social media platforms like Facebook or Twitter posts linking back towards Google Search Engine Results Pages (SERPs), it may make sense for some businesses while others might prefer sticking with simple text descriptions instead of investing large amounts into high-quality images/videos without knowing whether they’ll pay off financially over time.
Use Location-Based Keywords in Your Ads
When it comes to optimizing your Google Ads for local roofing services, the best way to do that is by using location-based keywords.
Location-based keywords allow you to target potential customers in your area and make sure they see your ads when they’re searching for local businesses like yours. This can be especially effective if there are multiple companies offering similar services in one area–for example, if there are two or three contractors within a 10 mile radius of each other that offer roofing services.
Include Negative Keywords
Include Negative Keywords
Negative keywords are words and phrases that you do not want your ads to show up for. They can be used to help prevent irrelevant searches from showing up in your campaigns, which will reduce cost per click (CPC) and improve Quality Score. The main difference between negative keywords and broad match keywords is that broad match terms may be more likely to trigger an ad when it doesn’t apply; whereas, negative terms are specific enough that they only apply to certain search queries.
Make a Smart Keyword Decision
When it comes to Google Ads, keywords are the most important factor in determining your ad rank. Keywords are the words that people type into Google when they search for something. There are three different types of keywords: broad match (BM), phrase match (PM) and exact match (EM).
- Broad Match – This is a catchall term for any keyword without some sort of qualifier such as “+” or “-” signs before them. When you use broad match keywords in your ad copy, your ads may show up when someone searches with those terms or synonyms associated with them. For example if I was selling shoes online and wanted my ads to show up whenever someone searched “shoes,” then I’d use broad match keywords like athletic shoes, running shoes etc..
- Use the right keywords
- Be aware of location-based keywords
- Make sure your ad copy is mobile friendly
- Use a callout extension and sitelink extension
The good news is that there are a number of ways you can optimize your Google Ads campaign for local roofing services. By taking the time to understand what works best for your business and making sure that you are targeting the right keywords, you can start seeing results in no time at all. Reach out today for assistance!