Local SEO is one of the most important aspects of Search Engine Optimization (SEO). It is an essential component to help your business get noticed by Google, which in turn can help you gain more traffic and revenue. Local SEO has become increasingly important because of changes in Google’s algorithm that have made local businesses more visible in search results. Let’s take a look at how local SEO can help your business and how it works!
How Local SEO Can Help Your Business
Local SEO is the practice of optimizing your business’ website and online presence for local search results. It’s important because it allows you to connect with potential customers in your area who are looking for a business like yours, and it can help drive more traffic and leads to your website. This is especially true if you’re not already ranking well on Google Search or Google Maps (which we’ll talk about in more detail below).
If you’re just getting started with local SEO, here are some simple steps:
- Sign up for Google My Business (GMB). You’ll need this account if you want to claim ownership over specific listings related to your company name or address on both desktop search results pages as well as mobile versions of those same pages–and it only takes five minutes! After signing up, verify that information by adding photos of each storefront location; then add details like hours of operation and contact information so people will know how easy it is for them reach out if they have any questions about what services/products are offered by each location within the same chain.
The Importance of Local SEO
Local SEO is an important part of any business’s online marketing strategy. It’s also one of the best ways to get more traffic to your website and convert that traffic into customers.
Local search engine results pages (SERPs) are where people start their searches for products and services in their area, so if you want to be found on Google and other search engines, it’s important that you have a strong local SEO strategy in place.
Why local SEO matters:
- People search for local businesses when they’re ready to buy – In fact, 83% of consumers turn first to Google before visiting any other site or store. This means there’s an opportunity for businesses who rank well on SERPs because they provide what those customers need — whether it be information about products or services; directions; reviews; or recommendations from friends or colleagues. You’ll also find links at the bottom of each listing which lead back into your site allowing potential customers easy access into further detail about what makes your business unique.
The Power of Google My Business
Google My Business is a free tool that allows you to manage your online presence on Google. It helps you control your listing, including your address and phone number.
Google My Business gives you the ability to tell people about your business in a way that’s relevant to them when they search for products or services like yours online.
How Can You Get Started?
There are several ways you can get started with local SEO. The most obvious is to use Google My Business, which allows you to add your business information and photos on Google Maps. You can also add a page for each of your locations or even create an entire directory of pages for each location in different categories (e.g., “Our Locations”).
Another way is by creating an account on Yelp or another review site that accepts businesses from your area; this will allow others who search for keywords relevant to what you do (e.g., “lawyer”) see that they should come see you! Finally, if none of those options work out for whatever reason, consider using a citation management service like Moz Local or Whitespark’s Local Citation Finder tool or you could always call us at Atomic Social to set all of this up for you!
You should now be able to:
- Identify the benefits of local SEO.
- Understand how to use local keywords in your content.
- Create a Google My Business profile and optimize it for search engines.
I hope this article has given you some insight into the power of local SEO and how it can help your business. If you’re looking to get started with local SEO, then I recommend checking out our guide on how to create a Google My Business page. Give us a call today to see how we can further assist you with your Local SEO.